Published On: Tue, Apr 10th, 2018

Trump’s homeland security adviser quits

Washington: US President Donald Trump’s homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert, has resigned, the White House confirmed on Tuesday.

President is grateful for Tom’s commitment to the safety and security of our great country

“The President is grateful for Tom’s commitment to the safety and security of our great country,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

The 43-year-old adviser led “the White House’s efforts to protect the homeland from terrorist threats, strengthen our cyber defences, and respond to an unprecedented series of natural disasters,” she said.

Sanders said that Trump “thanks him for his patriotic service and wishes him well,” but she did not give a reason for Bossert’s departure.

Bossert, who previously served in George W Bush’s administration, was tapped to be assistant to the President for homeland security and counterterrorism in December 2016.

Last weekend, Bossert represented the administration on television to talk about the US response to an alleged chemical attack in Syria.

Bossert’s resignation is in the latest high-level departure from the White House after the replacement of the secretary of state last month.

It comes a day after John Bolton took over as Trump’s new national security adviser after the departure of HR McMaster in March.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>